Internship Marketing & Communication (Dutch speaking)
Are you passionate about technology for social impact? Do you want to be part of a dynamic and diverse team with a great social heart, located in the heart of Amsterdam? Keep reading!
What is Welcome app?
Imagine: you’re trying to build a new life in a foreign country – from scratch. Where do you start? Information may not be easily accessible and a support network takes time to build. Language may be an obstacle. Many newcomers to the Netherlands face this challenge, and We are here to make things easier. We work every day to make relevant information, activities, services and local organizations easily accessible in one place: Welcome app. This way, we support newcomers to navigate their way in the Netherlands. We do this by working together with many different parties: municipalities, companies and other (social) organizations.
Welcome app is currently working on behalf of four municipalities: Almere, Dordrecht, Leiden and Venlo. The ambition is to grow to 50 Dutch municipalities in the coming three years by building a sustainable model and scaling our impact. We also have international ambitions. Our dynamic and diverse team consists of ambitious professionals who are committed to a more inclusive world.
Who are we looking for?
You’re a creative individual with a sharp eye for detail, excelling at crafting top-notch content. Your solid grasp of marketing adds value to your profile. Your self-driven approach and proactive mindset make you stand out. Proficient in both Dutch and English (minimum B2 level), and having a migration background is a plus.
What are you going to do?
As a Marketing & Communication intern, you’ll be at the forefront of our efforts to engage with diverse audiences and enhance our brand presence. Your role will involve crafting compelling content, managing social media channels, and contributing to strategic marketing initiatives. From creating engaging posts to collaborating on innovative campaigns, you’ll have the opportunity to apply your creativity and communication skills in a dynamic environment.
- Content Creation and Optimization: Create compelling content for all our target audiences. Execute existing marketing plans and create (ad-hoc) communications. Additionally, from time to time, accompany our Project Coordinators on visits to municipalities. Engage with local authorities, organizations, and our users to gather valuable insights and stories for our content.
- Strengthening Sales and Marketing Collaboration in 2024: In the upcoming year, we are actively working towards fostering a tighter collaboration between Sales and Marketing. Our aim is to expand the reach of the Welcome app to multiple new municipalities. This will involve a more detailed focus on lead generation and closer collaboration with internal sales efforts. This will be achieved by, for example, strategic campaigns, organizing events or webinars, partnerships, and exploring new potential marketing opportunities, such as sharing case studies.
- Social Media Management: Oversee our social media presence by creating and scheduling posts in line with our content calendar, and optimizing content for consistent branding across communication channels.
- Data Insights and Presentation: Analyze marketing initiative performance for continuous improvement.
- Brand Strengthening: Contribute to branding guidelines for a cohesive visual identity, with attention to intercultural communication to enhance appeal to diverse communities.
What do we offer?
- Start date: February 2024 (by mutual agreement).
- Opportunity for an internship/graduation assignment. Do you have a great idea? We’d love to hear it. It is anticipated that you can dedicate one to two days per week to an additional assignment.
- Internship guidance.
- Internship compensation.
- Free lunch at our beautiful and centrally located office in Amsterdam.
- A warm bath: our team feels more like family than colleagues.
- Flexible, hybrid and remote working policies.
Does this sound like your ideal internship? Then, send your cv and motivation to Carlijn den Boer at email@example.com. If you have any further questions, feel free to reach out. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.