Internship Sales & Business development (start: February 2023)
Are you passionate about technology for social impact? Do you want to be part of a dynamic and diverse team with a great social heart, located in the heart of Amsterdam? Keep reading!
What is Welcome app?
Imagine: you’re trying to build a new life in a foreign country – from scratch. Where do you start? Information may not be easily accessible and a support network takes time to build. Language may be an obstacle. Many newcomers to the Netherlands face this challenge and Welcome app is there to make things easier. We work every day to make relevant information, activities, services and local organisations easily accessible in one place: Welcome app. This way, we support newcomers to navigate their way in the Netherlands. We do this by working together with many different parties: municipalities, companies and other (social) organisations.
The Welcome app platform consists of a native app (for newcomers, locals) and a web-based portal (for admins, organisations, customers) and is currently rolled out in four Dutch municipalities: Almere, Dordrecht, Leiden and Venlo. The ambition is to grow to 50 Dutch municipalities in the coming three years by building a sustainable model and scaling our impact. We also have international ambitions. Our dynamic and diverse team consists of ambitious professionals who are committed to an inclusive society.
Who are we looking for?
You’re a creative individual with a growth mindset, excelling at spotting and converting opportunities into sales. You are structured and organised and able to translate best practices into process-improvements. Your self-driven approach and proactive mindset make you stand out. You are proficient in both Dutch and English (minimum B2 level) and bring along some experience in customer-facing roles.
What are you going to do?
As a Sales & Business development intern, you’ll be key to our efforts to engage with partners and expand our customer base. Your role will involve research and generating prospective customers to resolve how Welcome app can provide them value and qualify leads through outbound calls, personalised email, and social selling. You will contribute to developing strategic initiatives and to enhancing joint sales-marketing efforts. By engaging with prospects using a multi-channel, value-based approach with the goal of building relationships into meaningful partnerships and an expanded customer-base, you’ll have the opportunity to apply your skills in a dynamic environment.
- Lead generation and qualification: Research prospective customers to resolve how Welcome app can provide value, evaluate and qualify leads through multi-channel outbound communication. In collaboration with the marketing team and partnerships coordinator, evaluate and qualify existing leads and to fuel the sales pipeline.
- Data Insights and Presentation: Manage pipeline, forecasts and prepare reports as required. Analyse sales performance and contribute to insights and action for continuous improvement.
- Opportunity closing: Work in partnership with the partnerships coordinator and other key colleagues (e.g. marketing) to build and implement sales strategies, plans and support the successful closing of new business opportunities by preparing visually appealing presentations of information, briefing notes, (social) RoI and impact statements.
- Strengthening Sales and Marketing Collaboration: we are actively working to foster a tighter synergy between our Sales and Marketing efforts. Our aim is to expand the reach of the Welcome app to multiple new municipalities. This will involve a more detailed focus on lead generation and closer collaboration with marketing efforts. This will be achieved by, for example, strategic campaigns, organising events or webinars, partnerships, and exploring new potential marketing opportunities, such as sharing case studies.
What do we offer?
- Start date: February 2024 (by mutual agreement).
- Opportunity for an internship/graduation assignment. Do you have a great idea? We’d love to hear it. It is anticipated that you can dedicate one to two days per week to an additional assignment.
- Internship guidance.
- Internship compensation.
- Free lunch at our beautiful and centrally located office in Amsterdam.
- A warm welcome: our team feels more like family than colleagues.
- Flexible, hybrid and remote working policies.
Does this sound like your ideal internship? Then, send your CV and motivation to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any further questions, feel free to reach out. Applications without a short motivation statement will not be considered.