Do you want to contribute to a more inclusive society and have a positive impact on the lives of newcomers in the Netherlands, by using meaningful tech solutions? Do you have an experimental and innovative mindset, but also a drive to get things done? Do you have the communication skills to bring and keep all stakeholders on board? Are you motivated to ensure the best possible user experience for the people we serve? And do you want to be part of a dynamic and diverse team with a great social heart, located in the heart of Amsterdam (but with a flexible and hybrid working policy)? Keep reading!
What is Welcome app?
Imagine: you’re trying to build a new life in a foreign country – from scratch. Where do you start? Information may not be easily accessible and meaningful connections and a support network take time to build. Language may be an obstacle. Many newcomers to the Netherlands face this challenge, and W! is there to make things easier. We work every day to make relevant information, activities, services and local organizations easily accessible in one place: Welcome app. This way, we support newcomers to navigate their way in the Netherlands. We do this by working together with many different parties: municipalities, companies and other (social) organizations. W! is currently working on behalf of four municipalities: Almere, Dordrecht, Leiden and Venlo. Our goal is to grow to 50 Dutch municipalities in the coming three years by building a sustainable social enterprise business model and scaling our impact. We also have international ambitions. Our dynamic and diverse team consists of ambitious professionals who are committed to a more inclusive world.
We recently switched and rebuilt our entire platform – including the mobile app- on low-code platform Mendix, which allows us to build and test much faster, so we can respond more quickly to changing circumstances and priorities of our customers and the ecosystem at large.
Who are we looking for?
As our new Project Coordinator you play a crucial role at delivering impact on the ground in a number municipalities where we’re active. You are directly responsible for implementing our mission by driving delivery of project activities that respond to local needs and priorities. You work closely with internal and external stakeholders by being the sounding board to all key stakeholders: from newcomers to policy makers to partner organizations. You work proactively to ensure that the feedback you receive from users both translates back to product development ánd in the way we deliver activities and community building efforts on the ground. You are a true connector and above anything else a team-player: only by working in partnership can we be successful. Your energy, personal leadership and growth mindset will be essential to building an inclusive and accessible environment in the communities we serve.
What are you going to do?
● Project coordination and management: You are responsible for setting up, rolling out and coordinating W! on the ground, in different municipalities to ensure maximum adoption and usage of the platform.. Specific tasks include: developing, implementing and monitoring plans, budgets and impact; translating strategy into action and seeing to flawless execution; reporting and presenting on progress to stakeholders.
● Build partnerships: you work in close collaboration to include the entire implementation team, stakeholders and partners working on the ground in (y)our plans and inspire close collaboration across the entire ecosystem. You are constantly seeking out new partnerships and strengthening collaboration to ensure the platform reflects a rich, suitable and accessible range of
● Stakeholder management: You are the central point of contact for the municipality and a diverse range of partners : varying from local government staff such as integration policy officers or elder(wo-)man (wethouder), the manager of a local sports club, a language teacher or the welfare activity coordinator of a community center.
● Product Development: You will work closely with the product team to articulate needs you signal on the ground into the development of new features and improvements, with a strong focus on optimizing the user experience.
● Drive continuous learning: You take strong ownership in the quality of our collective work and are actively involved in collecting user feedback and testing new features and convert these insights into concrete action points for
the entire team at W! and the continuous improvement of our product. You strive to improve on project management practices and take an open, curious learning attitude to diverse insights and feedback opportunities.
What are we looking for?
● Experience in a project management role, preferably in a non-profit environment
● Ability to articulate product vision to a range of stakeholders: from users and partner organizations to local government staff
● Strong empathy and passion for social impact; an understanding of the challenges newcomers face and a drive to address these effectively by building a responsive and accessible product
● Ability to translate strategic objectives into a clear project plan, map out actions, monitor outcomes and oversee efficient implementation.
● Excellent communication skills and the ability to work with diverse team members and stakeholders.
● Willingness to pick up the trash, pull up your sleeves and invest in your project management skills in order to be able support implementation where needed.
● Willing to travel (within The Netherlands): the real work is on the ground and you ensure to stay closely connected, by planning regular visits, meeting local players where they are, and staying in touch with key partners.
● Excellent English language skills. Dutch language skills (B1 level) are a very strong bonus.
● Lived experience with displacement or migration
● Nice to have: language skills in the language of (one of) our main user groups, including Arabic, Dari, Tigrinya, Turkish, Ukrainian or Tigrinya.
What we offer:
● Start date: February 2024 (earlier is possible)
● A full-time or (parttime: 4 days a week minimum) position (full-time salary up to €3800 gross/month depending on experience)
● Mobility budget
● Time, support and space to develop professionally and personally
● Free lunch at our beautiful and centrally located office in Amsterdam
● A warm bath: our team feels more like family than colleagues
● Flexible, hybrid and remote working policies
Does this role have your name on it? Send your CV and motivation statement to email@example.com. We are accepting applications on a rolling basis. Responses without a motivation statement will not be considered.