This privacy statement has been prepared for and by Stichting Welcome app Nederland (hereinafter Welcome app), located at Panamalaan 6b, 1019AZ, Amsterdam, and registered with the Chamber of Commerce under number 66011310.
Welcome app is responsible for processing your (personal) data. We value your privacy and are committed to handling the data of our clients, employees, suppliers, and website visitors with care and security. We only process your data when necessary and when there is a legal basis under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). We have also implemented technical and organizational measures to prevent your data from falling into the wrong hands or being lost.
In this statement, you will find information about what we do with your data and what your rights are.
1. What personal data does Welcome app process?
It depends on the relationship you have with us. If you visit our website, we process different data than when you use the app or web app. All data we collect is stored within the boundaries of the European Economic Area (EEA).
1.1 Website, email, and social media
The data we may collect when you visit our website or social media include:
– Name and email address
– Submissions via our web form
– Website visits and click behavior
– IP address
– Duration and time of website visit
– Interaction with Welcome app’s social media
If you contact us, for example, via email, social media, or phone, we may ask for your contact details to handle your inquiry or complaint and to potentially contact you later with additional information. Your data is only accessible to those within the organization who are involved in handling your inquiry or complaint. When you submit a question via a form, we process your personal data.
We use various ICT tools, such as email, to communicate internally and with you. We keep a record of this as long as it is relevant for follow-up, accountability, and security.
1.2 Welcome app user profile
To enable the use of our platform, we process personal data. This may include the following information:
– First and last name
– Email address
– Place of residence
– Municipality where you are located
– Gender (with the option “prefer not to say”)
– Year of birth
– Country of origin (with the option “prefer not to say”)
– User type (newcomer/local/organization)
– Information we automatically collect:
– Browser information such as type, version, language settings
– Device settings such as device type and OS
– Usage information such as the number and other generic information about your use of the web application
If you make a donation via the Stichting Welcome app website or another route, we process the following personal data:
– First and last name
– Email address
– Bank account number
– Donated amount
– Company name
Additionally, after a donation, you will receive news about Welcome app at the email address you provided. You can unsubscribe from these emails at any time.
1.4 Purposes of processing
When using our services, we process personal data about you for the following purposes:
– To implement the service, such as recommending activities based on your preferences and characteristics
– To analyze the activity of our users so that we can improve our service. For analysis, we only look at anonymous behavior and what groups of users do. We do not focus on individual users.
– To make trends and challenges of our users visible to our partners. Again, this involves looking at anonymous behavior and what groups of users do, without zooming in on individual users.
In addition, when using our services, cookies are placed in your browser. These are only functional and analytical cookies for which no consent is required.
2. Sharing with third parties
We do not provide your data to third parties without reason. Your data is never used for commercial or control purposes. Your personal data may be shared with the following categories of recipients:
– Service providers: Services used to make the service possible, such as our hosting provider, database provider, payment provider for a donation, accountant, and user support provider.
– Law enforcement agencies: In the case of a legal request, we are obligated to share personal data with the relevant authorities. This is only done if there is a legal basis for it.
– Welcome app entities: Personal data is shared within the various entities that are part of Welcome app, such as Welcome app B.V.
For all parties with whom personal data is shared, it is ensured that the personal data is not stored outside the EEA. Additionally, Welcome app only works with partners and services that take sufficient technical and organizational measures to process personal data in accordance with legal regulations as described in the GDPR.
3. Retention period
We keep personal information on our servers, in our databases, and our archives for as long as necessary to provide our services. We may retain some of your information for a longer period to comply with our legal obligations.
4. Rights of data subjects
If you want more information about how we handle your personal data, you can contact us at email@example.com. There is no automated decision-making or profiling within the services that Welcome app provides. As a user of Welcome app’s services, you have the right to:
– Access to the personal data we have recorded about you
– Have your personal data corrected or deleted
– Request a limitation on the processing of your personal data
– Object. If you object to a processing of your personal data that we consider necessary, this may have consequences for how we can perform our services
For all rights of data subjects, you can expect Welcome app to fulfill them within the legal term of one month, unless there is a valid reason for a one-time extension of this term by two months.
As a user, if you suspect that Welcome app has violated your privacy, you have the right to file a complaint with the Dutch Data Protection Authority. Dutch law applies in this regard.
5. Changes to the Privacy Statement
We reserve the right to make adjustments to this Privacy Statement or update it at any time. The most recent version of the Privacy Statement will be published on the website of Stichting Welcome app with a date. If you do not agree with the content of the Privacy Statement, you cannot use the services of Welcome app. By using the services of Welcome app, you agree to the content of the Privacy Statement.